John Dupuche has two major academic foci: spirituality and interfaith. These have led to significant academic and community involvement, as well as a wide-ranging list of publications and presentations in academia and for the wider media.
John is currently a senior lecturer at Catholic Theological College. He is a member of the Department of Pastoral and Spiritual Studies and coordinator of the Graduate Certificate in Teaching Meditation program. Previously, John was lecturer-in-charge of the RE department at Christ College (now ACU) (1978 – 1986), and co-ordinator of and lecturer in the Certificate in Guiding Meditation (ACU). For several years he was Honorary Visiting Research Fellow in the Institute for the Advancement of Research at Australian Catholic University. He was also Honorary Research Associate at the Centre for Studies in Religion and Theology at Monash University. John’s specialist teaching areas include the Christian spiritual tradition, Lectio Divina, meditation and interfaith relations.
John is a highly regarded author having penned 18 books (in both English and French) , a further 15 chapters in books, and 22 journal articles. He is also regularly in demand by local and international media as an expert in his field, appearing in TV broadcasts, radio, podcasts and DVD recordings.
John has been Parish Priest in a variety of suburbs over the years, and provides chaplaincy assistance to the Francophone community of Melbourne. He has been actively involved in Church and community programs and in organisations such as: the Ecumenical and Interfaith Commission of the Archdiocese of Melbourne; the Australian Catholic Council for Inter-religious Dialogue of the Australian Catholic Bishops’ Conference; Australian Catholic Theological Association; the Victorian Council of Churches; the Premier’s Multifaith Advisory Group; the Parliament of the World’s Religions; the Faith Communities Council Victoria. He leads an interfaith community on the outskirts of Melbourne.
- Associate Professor - Department of Pastoral and General Studies
Catholic Theological College
Teaching disciplinesSpirituality; Spiritual Direction
Recent PublicationsAll publications
- Francophone community of Melbourne (Member)
- Ecumenical and Interfaith Commission of the Archdiocese of Melbourne (Member)
- Australian Catholic Council for Inter-religious Dialogue of the Australian Catholic Bishops’ Conference (Member)
- Australian Catholic Theological Association (Member)
- Victorian Council of Churches (Member)
- Premier’s Multifaith Advisory Group (Member)
- Parliament of the World’s Religions (Member)
- Faith Communities Council Victoria (Member)