B.Com, Diploma of Coptology, Maitrise, DEA,.PhD
Youhanna holds a PhD from France, since graduation he widely published in the fields of Coptic Studies, Christian Arabic Studies, Patristics, Church history, Byzantine Studies as well as Art History.
He published more than a dozen of books in English, French and Arabic, in addition to 50 chapters in refereed books and more than 180 articles in refereed journals. He delivered many lectures in scientific gatherings in English, French and Arabic.
Member of the International team for cataloguing the Manuscripts of the Monastery of the Virgin Mary known as al-Surian (Scetis) (headed by Professor Stephen Davis, (Yale University) in charge of the liturgical manuscripts (seasons in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019).
His experience in teaching covers wide range of fields in Egypt and Australia.
In the church, Youhanna is a sub-deacon in the Coptic Orthodox Church engaged in liturgical and community services
Accredited teaching disciplines
- International Association of Coptic Studies (Member )
- the International Association of Patristic studies (Member )
- Association Francophone de Coptologie (Member )
- Society for Coptic Archaeology (Member )
- Hellenic Institute of Egyptology (Founding member )
- Bulletin de la Société d'Archéologie Copte, - Coptica, (2002-- - Coptologia, (1996-2006) - Journal of the Canadian Society of Coptic Studies, (2008- -Journal of the Hellenic Institute of Egyptology. (2015- (Member of the Editorial Board )